I honestly have to say I got this idea from someone else.. but I love it! It's so simple I have a hard time trying to figure out why I never thought of it. :o) We just got home from the commissary and Sarah went right down for a nap, so I had a little spare time. I love to crock pot but I don't always have the time in the morning to get everything ready... or I forget. So, here is what I did....
I took 2 ziplock freezer bags, and in one I put 5 pieces of boneless, skinless chicken breast and in the other is pork cutlets.
In the Pork bag I have 3 pounds of pork, 1 can of diced tomato and some chopped green onions.
In the chicken bag, I have chicken and the seasoning from a McCormac seasoning packet (the packet was only 75 cents :o) http://www.mccormick.com/Products/Herbs-and-Spices/Recipe%20Inspirations/Rosemary-Roasted-Chicken-with-Potatoes.aspx
I will let both of these sit in the fridge until tomorrow morning then toss them into the freezer. Then when I want them I can take them out and dump them into the crock pot (frozen is fine), and dinner will be done when we get home at the end of the day.
Simple easy and it will save me time down the line.. it took me longer to type all this than it did to prep everything.. LOL Enjoy!

No comments:
Post a Comment