Ever since the Disney movie, Ratatouille came out I have been wondering what it was. We got alot of fresh produce from the local farmers so I started googling things to make with eggplant. When ratatouille came up I decided to try it. It was delish!4 Pork Loin Chops (bone in or out)
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 green pepper chopped
1 onion chopped
2 cans of crushed tomato (undrained)
2 zucchini (or 1 large) thickly sliced
1 eggplant peeled and sliced
1 tsp dried oregano
2 tbsp fresh basil chopped (or 2 tsp dried)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
In a non-stick skillet, (I used my electric frying pan) over medium-high heat, heat oil. Trim all visible fat from pork and brown for 3 minutes on each side, depending on thickness of chop. Remove from pan. Add garlic, green pepper and onion to pan and sauté for 1 minute.
Add whole tomatoes, crushing with a spoon. Add remaining ingredients, mix well, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for about 5 minutes. Return meat to pan and continue simmering, uncovered, for another 15 minutes. Remove from heat and serve over pasta or rice.

No comments:
Post a Comment